PDA

View Full Version : Test Version?

edukator
05-09-2008, 10:16 PM
I think it would be a very good idea to make a test / development version of the LMS so that when a upgrade comes out one can test the upgrade on a test server rather than the live production site.

After someones comments in the Bug reports forum i'm hesitant to upgrade without testing it first. Also I would like to test it so that I could see if I can be able to reproduce or help out in the forums as well.

Thanks

den
05-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Before our official release, JoomlaLMS 1.0.5 was available as trial about 1 week. Such practice would be with our next releases too (also we will think about notification of all existent customers about availability of new trial version).

edukator
05-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Yes I knew the trial version existed but that's different from a test version. In the past I've experienced installing a component from a fresh install is different from upgrading it. Some things can happen to where things end up breaking the site.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but my production site is at the moment in full swing and it would really hurt if I had to take the extra time out to problem solve or help in the debugging process or even close it because something broke.

As an example over at iJoomla they allow you to place a component on the dev site as well as a live site for testing purposes.

Thanks

ProdM
05-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi,

We can issue the license for the subdomain of your domain for the testing purposes for you.Will it help to solve this problem?

edukator
05-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Oh really? Cool... Yeah that would solve the problem in the future.

For this one is seems as though there aren't too many problems and the ones that have already been experienced have been taken care of because you guys are really GREAT!

Thanks

ProdM
05-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the nice words.
Request you subdomain (ex: subxxx.yourdomain.com) for the license using our ticket system:

http://www.elearningforce.biz/helpdesk/