PDA

View Full Version : Serveral Gradebook Items

aef03
05-20-2008, 05:49 PM
*) I noticed it in another post, but these really need to be able to be reordered. I would say that quizzes should be able to be ordered, but then if there is a learning path defined, it's order should override.

*) It is ambigeous whether the green check means "passed this quiz" or "completed this quiz"

*) Allow for points and percent. For points it would be nice to have both the total available on the test and the points achieved (I plan to have prize incentives for those making the highest quiz totals for a multi-day class and to have optional certification based on quiz totals). Something like (40/50 pts = 80%).

*) An optional total of all grades would be nice (300/400 pts = 75% = Above Average)

*) When manually updating a gradebook item it would be nice to be able to assign a numeric grade rather than pick a grade level. If I could enter "30/40" I would trigger the appropriate grade level and contribute to overall points for the entire class. It would also allow me to do a running total as a multi-day class progresses. So there may be a total of 100 class participation points available per day. For a given student, on day 1 I might enter "90/100" on day 2 I change it to "170/200", day 3 is "250/300", etc. This approach also makes final ranking easier as it is not as subjective as examining individual items that were picked at a grade level and try to remember if they were high or low in the range represented by the grade level.

Thanks.

mrbietz
04-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Great Suggestion, I agree. You should be able to reorder quizzes in the grade book.