PDA

View Full Version : How to prevent quiz retakes

aef03
08-27-2008, 02:28 PM
I cannot figure out a way to prevent quiz retakes.

I do not use learning paths as currently the only think I use JoomlaLMS for is quizzes and learning paths add a lot of additional navigation steps for students.

The only work around I have been able to come up with is settings "Attempt Separation" to 99999, but then it tells the student to come back in that many minutes - which looks silly compared to simply saying they can't retake the quiz or even making the quiz no longer clickable after they have attempted it.

D.

den
08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Hello,
You can change this text message by editing the language file com_joomla_lms/languages/english/quiz.lang.php.
The necessary line looks like:

$JLMS_LANGUAGE['_JLMS_q_quiz_comeback_later'] = 'You have already taken this quiz. If you want to try again, comeback in {text}.';

aef03
08-27-2008, 05:01 PM
I assume there is not an official way to mark a quiz for no retakes outside of Learning Paths then?

Would be nice to support this - if even by a special value in Attempt Separation - something like 999999 causes the message to say no retakes.

Thanks,
D.

den
08-28-2008, 06:58 PM
I will move this thread into the Suggestions board. It is still opened for discussions/suggestions.