PDA

View Full Version : User Profile Fields Required

roland
09-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Hello,

one additional thing which is needed, is a required value of the user-profile fields (for adress, email, phone).

I have a community-site (CB) and also fields for adress, email, phone.... But I don't want to set them on required in CB, because most of the user just use the normal side (and not JoomlaLMS). And for the normal side this fields are not needed.

But for my paid courses in JoomlaLMS it's important for me to have the adress. So a function to set some UserProfileFields to required for JoomlaLMS pupils would be helpfull.

andreas
09-07-2008, 03:29 PM
You can always ask for additional information during registration for a course. This is set by the teacher in the course setup (Einstellungen) at the bottom of the page.

However, within Germany.... you might be on the safe side to always ask for an address within your CB registration process. In the backend of JoomlaLMS you can setup which CB information is required. I do not know, however, how this works in practice. I would hope that it transfers the CB information to JoomlaLMS AND asks for missing information (which would solve your problem). Maybe you need to test this function. ;-)

Good luck!