PDA

View Full Version : Version 1.0.6?

rfrazee
09-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey guys,
Has anyone heard when the next version of JoomlaLMS is coming out, and what are the new features that are going to be included?

Thanks!

andreas
09-25-2008, 04:02 PM
I think I read somewhere on the forum that it would be around the end of this year (2008).

Well, we'll see. But there is nothing right round the corner, as far as I know.

DEN???

rfrazee
09-25-2008, 08:47 PM
The end of 2008 is right around the corner (from a development perspective, 3 months isn't that long).

There are a couple of things I am hopeful the JoomlaLMS guys will take into consideration.

1) The new version needs beta testing time. That mean planning to support the 1.0.5 version while the bugs get worked out of the new version. This is a big deal.

2) Will the new version work on Joomla 1.0.xx or will they move to a Joomla 1.5 or 1.6 version? Obviously this will be of major importance since users will need to consider their own upgrade plans.

3) Let existing users, or at least a subset of users who work on their own development (Professional License owners), understand the new features that are being incorporated into the next versions, so that there isn't any duplicate development work done, and that any new development can take into account new features.

To clarify, I am in no rush to get the next version of JoomlaLMS out on the market, but since I haven't heard anything, I am hopeful that we the above things are taken into consideration to make the upgrade transition as smooth as possible.

It is a great day to be working in the office here (Costa Rica), really rainy outside!

roland
01-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Hello,

here some wishes for 1.0.6:

- Additionals fields for user who want subscribe (e.g. adresse, phone-no.)
- possiblity to show scorm-datas/presentation in lightbox (or similar one), so the user can use the complete wide of the screen
- 1.5 native-mode (1.6 is in the holes and don't have any lecacy mode...)
- Support Fireboard
- Support Uddeim

Thanks

Andrew
01-12-2009, 11:04 PM
I think you will find it is scheduled for release this month, but the developers will need to confirm that. It certainly will need thorough testing though before release after the problems with 1.0.5.

With regard to using the width of the screen some authoring tools will let you do this e.g. ProForm.

Andrew

Andrew

andreas
01-17-2009, 06:28 PM
From all I understand the current release date for the new version is sometime in February.

Realistically this may mean: round about Easter....
But hopefully more geared towards Joomla 1.5

So let's be patient. Overall I think the finetuning and stabilizing of JoomlaLMS is not as "sexy" as the first changes and improvements, but very hard and necessary work....