PDA

View Full Version : Sorting questions in question bank list

sokratex
02-03-2009, 09:29 AM
There should definately be a way to sort questions by category in the question bank list view.

I got almost 500 questions in my question bank at the moment and have tons of more questions needing to be put in. I really need to be able to sort the question list by category.

andreas
02-05-2009, 08:44 AM
well.... it may be that this is possible only in the PRO Version....

But there you can create categories and filter your questions according to category. Within the category you can move items up and down - sorting them as you please. :-)

If this is not available in the standard version - and you have that many questions in your pool.... you might consider to the PRO Version ;)

I understand that there will be more improvements for the PRO version in the future.

andreas
02-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Sorry, I may have missed your point. I may have misunderstood your question.

Unfortunately I can't read the language you are using.... But here is another hint how you might want to structure your categories for better sorting:

The last column is the category. If you want to filter according to category, you can do so by clicking on the dropdown menue "Question Pool"

There are several ways of naming your categories. For some people it may be useful to start with a number rather than a name:

01-category
02-category

I prefer to give categories names referring to the content. Example: I am having a question pool with four exams, part 1, part 2 and part 3 plus a final exam.

I use the following setup:

Part 1 50 questions in the pool, 10 questions chosen randomly
Part 2 50 questions in the pool, 10 questions chosen randomly
Part 3 50 questions in the pool, 10 questions chosen randomly
For the final exam I have the programme randomly choose 20 questions from the overall pool.

Don't know, whether this helps - but categories are definetly there - and very helpful ;)

Su_
02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Your suggestion is added as an improvement for JoomlaLMS 1.0.6, thank you.