PDA

View Full Version : The logics

msjoedin
02-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Hello everyone!

I think JoomlaLMS is a great product, but I have some issues that I'm not comfortable with.

When creating a 'flow' for the student to follow. I am creating a learning path. There I can make conditions that the student needs to complete one or more sections to perform a certain step. But what I miss is to be able to insert a SCORM package here.. I can insert a SCORM package in the 'main' Learning path page, but there I can't make conditions like inside a learning path. I am kind of stuck in between two options. I also need to use .flv Flash video in my courses and the only way to insert them is to create a SCORM compliant package as far as I know.

So is there a way to include SCORM in a learning path? Or is it a way to use conditions on different learning path's?

I hope you understand what I mean.

Regards,
Mats

andreas
02-25-2007, 01:57 PM
If I understand you right, you are going back to a very fundamental issue. Should an e-learning system work through the material sequentially (step by step) or more "buffet - style", giving the student more flexibilty to learn as needed. JoomlaLMS basically follows the second approach, which is the modern way to go.
However, this has the disadvantage, that if you need to work sequentially, you can't, except within the SCORM modules. So if you need to work sequentially you have to create a larger SCORM module and make it the main feature within your course.
I believe (and hope), in the long run JoomlaLMS will allow for some conditions (i.e. you can't start learning path 2 before completing learning path 1), but for now this is not possible (unless you build it yourself inside your SCORM).
Hope this helps.

den
02-25-2007, 02:03 PM
I also need to use .flv Flash video in my courses and the only way to insert them is to create a SCORM compliant package as far as I know.

JoomlaLMS 1.0.1 will be available soon. In new version you could insert different media content into Learning Path pages.

brains
02-26-2007, 03:37 PM
JoomlaLMS 1.0.1 will be available soon.

How soon......?

den
02-27-2007, 12:59 PM
At the end of this week new version would be available in our online demo. As release only on next week after testing.

axonuproar
02-28-2007, 05:10 AM
I was hoping that I could include the quizzes created in JoomlaLMS in the learning path conditionals. I would like to put a step then a quiz with a % grade to pass to then move on to the next chapter. Is this possible now, or will this be possible in the next version?

den
02-28-2007, 07:20 AM
This will be possible in the next version.

Andrew
02-28-2007, 07:37 AM
This is good news! I think the current design is too confusing for many students. It sounds like the new structure will enable all learning content to reside in one place.

One request; it would be useful to be able to grant access to the forum as part of a structured learning path e.g.:

1. View SCO
2. Quiz
3. Access to forum
4. View SCO 2
etc