PDA

View Full Version : Scorm/Learning Paths Area

axonuproar
03-15-2007, 06:05 AM
A suggestion I have is to add a scorm/learning paths section to this forum.
I had no idea about scorm in when I first started with JoomlaLMS...It has been quite a process to even understand what it is...I think an area for people to share resources, information, how-tos, on scorm stuff would be very helpful...

pampro
07-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Yes! Help on this area is important. As a newbie, I'm experiencing a learning curve involving the scorms. Just when I think I've done everything according to the manual - something doesn't function the way I expect. More details may bring more users.

roland
07-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Hello,

I'm also new in this and don't what Scorm is or what sence it make to build a scorm thing in an external program and import it into Joomla LMS?

andreas
07-30-2008, 12:25 AM
Hello Roland,
well - there is a long and exciting road ahead of you. Welcome to the wonders of e-learning!

SCORM is basically a technically standard of how learning material is saved and presented. It is best explained with an example:

Imagine you have a Powerpoint presentation your students are supposed to learn from. You have several options:

- email it to your students
- deposit it as a document in your LMS (Learning Management System)

Both these solutions have the disadavantage that students can abuse your material AND/OR there is simply boring ppt screens.

Here is, where SCORM comes in - and some autoring tools:

- use an authoring tool to transform your ppt presentation to SCORM. Basically this changes your document from powerpoint to flash (limiting reusing your material). But really it means much more. With the authoring tool you can add audio to your presentation or quiz questions. Students now get a complete lecture. AND their quiz result is directly transferred to the grade book in JoomlaLMS....

Too much? Try some course in the Demo of this website. SCORM will be found under learning path!

If you need more help - and if you are in Germany - feel free to contact me!

roland
08-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Hello Andreas,

thanks for help :-)

I send you a pm with more questions... ;-)

Best wishes, Roland