PDA

View Full Version : Content Management

brains
03-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Am I correct in thinking that a content management system was going to be developed for the LMS?

By this I mean that if Teacher A uploads a document then Teacher B and Teacher C can then use that document.

If a teacher then amends the document there is no requirement for every teacher to upload the new document....it is automatically amended.

If this is in development what sort of timescale before release?

Thanks

andreas
04-02-2007, 10:13 AM
If teacher A changed contents, teacher B may not like the changes at all, while C would want different changes....

With Wordforce for instance it would be easy to share Word Docs among teachers and they can upload and work on their version however they like. Same is true for the export - import solution?

I am not quite sure, how the CMS idea would be beneficial beyond what is possible not (except perhaps saving a few KB on the server). But maybe I am missing your point. Well, apologies in that case.

brains
04-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Scenario:

Teacher A, B and C all teach the same course but have different homeworks etc. They all use the same documents in the upload area.

Seems pointless having them all upload the same document.

If the 'homework' section had the facility to assign the homework to a group then this would overcome a lot of issues. It seems that all other options can be filtered by group but that homework setting can not be assigned to a group. Shame. Maybe in JoomlaLMS 1.0.2?

den
04-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Teacher can manage his own files in CS. He can use his files across multiple courses, can share files with specific permissions (read or write access).

brains
04-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Teacher can manage his own files in CS

I presume you mean within Joomla and not the LMS i.e using the document facilities within Joomla itself.