View Full Version : Can't merge Courses
03-14-2008, 08:18 AM
I am not able to import and merge courses, after I push the import button the screen goes all white and the browser says done. I try to log back into my site and i try to go to the LMS and still get an all white screen.
I cleared my cache and was able to get back in, check what my import did, and it only uploaded 1 learning path.
just wondering what happened, and is there any way to break my site by importing. I would hate for something like that to happen.
What is the size of imported zip?
Run joomlalms_helper.php and check sections about max. upload size and memory_limit.
03-14-2008, 02:03 PM
The size is 2 MB
something similar happens when i try to generate a backup from the joomla backend
Can you check information about max. upload size and memory_limit on your server?
In the JoomlaLMS package you can found joomlalms_helper.php, out it to the root folder of your Joomla installatin and run from your browser.
03-18-2008, 11:28 PM
I have the same problem, and my upload size is at 10M, and the memory limit is set to disabled. Any ideas on the solution?.
Thanks for the help.
You are unable to generate backup or upload a SCORM package?
Generating of a total backup requires a lot of allowed memory and sometimes you are unable to generate backups using JoomlaLMS feature (if you've upload a lot of SCORMS then size of backup could reach gigabytes).
Try to use your CPanel possibilities to backup your system.
1) Max php upload size (post_max_size, upload_max_filesize) should be bigger than size of the uploaded file.
2) PHP allowed memory should be 2x bigger than size of the file. And such amount of memory should be available on the server.
3) SCORM folder should be writable (check it in the JoomlaLMS configuration)
4) Enough disk space.
04-15-2008, 08:25 PM
What im doing is a copy of the learning path to a new course.
1) First I do the backup (the size of the backup is 200 kilobytes)
2) I try to merge the backup with a empty course, and click the import button.
3) I wait for several minutes and the page remainds blank and them the browser stops and on the status bar shows done, but the page is black.
1) Max php upload size (post_max_size, upload_max_filesize) should be bigger than size of the uploaded file. both variables were set to 20M
2) PHP allowed memory should be 2x bigger than size of the file. And such amount of memory should be available on the server.It is available
3) SCORM folder should be writable (check it in the JoomlaLMS configuration) I check the folder and it is writable
4) Enough disk space. There is enough space
If you will provide some information (name of the course which you are trying to export/import, SCORM package for uploading, access to the FTP + teachr + admin BackEnd) for me via PM i will check the problem.
04-25-2008, 07:46 PM
DEN, Vlad toldme he foward you the access that you need to solve the problem.
Thanks for your help
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.