PDA

View Full Version : Test Microphone and headset before entering conference

rfrazee
03-31-2008, 06:23 PM
I am noticing that there is a good percentage of people that enter the live conference without having checked to make sure their headset and microphone work prior to entering. This means that the students are investing part of their class time in trying to figure out if their technology works.

Is there a module that we can install to have a user test their microphone settings prior to entering the classroom? I am currently using an MP3 player with a recording I have made to test the audio.

In an ideal world, I was thinking of something like the Skype test call, where you make a connection, speak for a few seconds, and then it is played back to you. That way, you know that it works just fine. If it doesn´t work, the student still has time to react.

Any thoughts?

andreas
04-01-2008, 05:50 PM
I strongly support this request.... It is amazing how much time is lost with things that should be tested first.

However, I suspect a "skype-like" test will require a flash server.... So Elearningforce would have a job to build a general "test-server". So it probably would be best to have it implemented with the video module (i.e. on each inidividual server)

den
04-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Thread is moved into 'Suggestions' board.
We don't planned such feature. But we will tak it into consideration during upgrading our conference module next time (currenlty i don't know when it will be).