Decrease
Reset
Increase

JoomlaLMS Learning Management System - Support Forum

Go Back   JoomlaLMS Support Forum > JoomlaLMS > FAQs - Please Read First

Old 02-01-2008, 11:39 PM

Default Several students & teacher videoconferencing at once

My client has a demo next week so I hope you can answer this right away:

In the videoconferencing interface, everyone seems to be looking only at the teacher. And yet everyone is supposed to have their own camera. We want a full videoconferencing capability -- where everyone with a camera can be seen by everyone else. I can't find a setting for this; please clarify.

If you do not have that integrated, then please tell me this instead: How can I change the link for the video conferencing icon? Our Flash Media Server provider provides a videoconferencing component that we might be able to use instead. I would want to change your link to launch their product. Please tell me where I would find this code.

Also, if I'm forced to go that route, please explain how your LMS knows who is in the class that is participating in the videoconference -- I'll need to pass that information to the other videoconference application, and so I need to know where it is in your system.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:24 PM
developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortoom View Post
In the videoconferencing interface, everyone seems to be looking only at the teacher. And yet everyone is supposed to have their own camera. We want a full videoconferencing capability -- where everyone with a camera can be seen by everyone else. I can't find a setting for this; please clarify.
Our solution doesn't have possibility for everyone to use camera. Only teacher can use video-camera, other participatns can only talk.
Quote:
If you do not have that integrated, then please tell me this instead: How can I change the link for the video conferencing icon? Our Flash Media Server provider provides a videoconferencing component that we might be able to use instead. I would want to change your link to launch their product. Please tell me where I would find this code.
check file includes/jlms_menu.php, lines 100 - 120 (where all menu items are sorted out). You can identify conference menu item by condition "$menu->lang_var == '_JLMS_TOOLBAR_CONF' "
Quote:
Also, if I'm forced to go that route, please explain how your LMS knows who is in the class that is participating in the videoconference -- I'll need to pass that information to the other videoconference application, and so I need to know where it is in your system.
I can only provide information about all course participatns. I can't provide information how to get list of learners participated in the conference at the given time. - It is an FMS-side functionality.

P.S. If you would like to use 3pd solution for conferencing, draw your attention that conferences for each course should be closed from each other (in other words users who are participates in one conference shouldn't see any actions of users who are participates in the conference from another course at the same time)
Old 02-04-2008, 07:42 PM

[quote=den;4373]file includes/jlms_menu.php, lines 100 - 120 (where all menu items are sorted out). You can identify conference menu item by condition "$menu->lang_var == '_JLMS_TOOLBAR_CONF' "[quote]

THANK YOU for clarifying the capability of the built-in conferencing function. Unfortunately, the file you refer to above doesn't include the _JLMS_TOOLBAR_CONF item anywhere...please help me fiind this link as replacing it will probably be my best solution.

Another possibility: when you click on the conference icon, a page is loaded that has a Flash module on the left that includes the "Enter" button. Where is that Flash module located? If I can modify that, it might be another method for launching a different conference tool.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:28 AM
developer

jlms_menu.php
lines 109 - 113:
Code:
			if (!$menu->disabled && !$menu->user_options){
				?>
				<a...........................</a>
				<?php 
			}
Change it to:
Code:
			if (!$menu->disabled && !$menu->user_options){
				if ($menu->lang_var == '_JLMS_TOOLBAR_CONF') {
					$menu->menulink = 'http://yoursite.com/path/to/conference.html';
				}
				?>
				<a...........................</a>
				<?php 
			}
Flash file on the first conference page (with 'Enter' button) is located at components/com_joomla_lms/includes/conference/room_enter.swf
Old 03-17-2009, 03:25 AM

Default I would like to do this now in the latest version

I have read the post. The code has chaged. I would like my own code to be called when a student presses the conference button. Pleasse, where can I add the code for the conference button, and what should I add to call my own teleconference client.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
My client has a demo next week so I hope you can answer this right away:

If you do not have that integrated communications, then please tell me this instead: How can I change the link for the video conferencing icon? Our Flash Media Server provider provides a videoconferencing component that we might be able to use instead. I would want to change your link to launch their product. Please tell me where I would find this code.

To get a full videoconferencing capability, where everyone with a camera can be seen by everyone else, you need to set up a converged network .

Last edited by Helga_13; 04-26-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:59 AM

Default Video Conferencing

Is there multi-video coming? There are programmes around that allow for more than just the teacher to be visible. If such a functionality is planned - when can this be expected?
Old 05-17-2011, 02:02 PM
JoomlaLMS Support Team

In our video conference tool teacher can activate a student - and then this student can write on the virtual whiteboard and use webcam and microphone to communicate with other students.

We have also integration with GoToMeeting in our roadmap for version 1.2 which is planned for fall 2011.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:10 PM

Default Wilmington

Quote:
Quote:
I get sight of a good few solid themes about "JoomlaLMS" are written at www.joomlalms.com. I became honored to obtain a call from my friend when he found the important suggestions shared on the site. Going through your blog article is a real wonderful experience. Thanks again for thinking of readers much like me, and I want for you the best of achievements as being a professional arena.

Last edited by Helga_13; 10-11-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:10 AM

Default Escondido

Quote:
Quote:
I trace considerable significant point about "JoomlaLMS" are covered at www.joomlalms.com. Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!