Decrease
Reset
Increase

JoomlaLMS Learning Management System - Support Forum

Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 PM

Unhappy Source Code

My company purchased the Pro license of JLMS recently and I have just begun to peruse the code. It all looks ok except the main component entry file is encrypted. It is my understanding that the pro license allows us to get the code as open source.

Am I wrong in my definition of what open source means in this context? I can peruse all other code in the package, does this mean that the lesser packages have a bunch of encoded files? I installed the Personal Demo and it looks like all the files are exactly the same as my Pro files. This alone makes me think I am missing something.

I am trying to parse all this code and I cannot fully understand whats going on because the primary entry file is encoded. Is there something I am missing? Did the purchasing department just miss some files?

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:36 AM
JoomlaLMS Support Team

JoomlaLMS Professional has only two files encoded - this is done in order to prevent using JoomlaLMS license on several production sites or for a larger number of users than specified in the purchased license (and this is openly stated on our site here http://www.joomlalms.com/compare/ in the Source code availability row). In trial and Standard versions of JoomlaLMS all files are encoded and you can't change them.