Decrease
Reset
Increase

JoomlaLMS Learning Management System - Support Forum

Go Back   JoomlaLMS Support Forum > JoomlaLMS > Installation & Configuration

Old 04-08-2012, 08:58 AM

Default Remove broken files error in joomla 1.7 trial pakage

i have Remove broken files error when i try install trial version in my current sever that joomla 1.5 page work know how can solve it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (8.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-09-2012, 01:07 PM
JoomlaLMS Support Team

Please install JoomlaLMS using joomlalms_helper.php as described here http://www.joomlalms.com/lms-help/ad...tallation.html. Before the installation please enter your site admin area->System information -> directory permissions and check that all the listed folders are writable.

If the Remove broken files link in joomlalms_helper.php doesn't work - please remove the following folders manually via FTP: administrator/components/com_joomla_lms and components/com_joomla_lms. After removing these folders try installing JoomlaLMS again.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:10 PM

thank helga
i fixed it thanks alot

but i have anther problem

joomlalms component not appear in back end when i try to edit setting in component
Old 04-09-2012, 01:31 PM
JoomlaLMS Support Team

Sometimes this happens when our trial is installed on certain servers - we are working on solving this issue. Here is a temporary solution for this issue:
Before installing JoomlaLMS you need to first copy the license file joomlalms.txt in the folder where you plan to install JoomlaLMS and after that place installation package there and install JoomlaLMS.

But as you have already tried to install the component the temporary solution won't work and you need to clear broken records in the database.

Here are the steps to solve the problem:
1) Uninstall JoomlaLMS
2) Open your database management tool (e.g. phpmyadmin) and manually remove all occurrences of JoomlaLMS in jos_menu and jos_extensions using the following queries:

SELECT *FROM `jos_menu` WHERE `link` LIKE '%joomla_lms%'
SELECT * FROM `jos_extensions` WHERE `element` LIKE '%joomla_lms%'

After you use these queries - replace the table prefixes (jos_) with the actual ones, after the queries return any records - delete them.
Once you clean the jos_menu and jos_extensions tables - copy the license file to the folder where you wish to install JoomlaLMS and try to install JoomlaLMS again.