Reset
Increase

JoomlaLMS Learning Management System - Support Forum

Old 04-15-2012, 10:31 AM

Default upgrade courses

hi

i try to migrate from joomla1.5 to joomla1.7
i upgraded users successfully but when i try to migrate courses
i have problems first i import courses from database but when i open in i back-end and press users& groups No subscribers in course (there are users in course in joomla1.5)
how i can solve it
and if there r other solution

thanks
Old 04-16-2012, 02:43 PM
JoomlaLMS Support Team

Please note that it is very important that users on the old site and new site have the same User ID (it can be checked in Site->User manager in Joomla admin area). Users are connected to courses by UserID and if it is changed during the transfer to the new site - the connection to courses will be lost as well.

To copy all courses with their materials and students it is necessary to copy all the jos_lms_* tables from the old site database to the new one.

After that it is necessary to run Database check on the new site (in JoomlaLMS ->Configuration - left menu Maintenance) - if students won't be shown after that as well - please submit a ticket to our helpdesk and provide Joomla SuperAdmin access to both sites, FTP access to both sites and access to the database management tool (e.g. phpmyadmin in cPanel) for both sites. We will try to solve this issue.