Decrease
Reset
Increase

JoomlaLMS Learning Management System - Support Forum

Old 06-24-2010, 10:20 PM

Default Affiliate Program Integration

Hi,

Is JoomlaLMS integrated with any affiliate program's? I.e. we want to charge for our online courses and pay our affiliates commissions for their referrals.

Thanks,
Renee
Old 07-20-2010, 05:02 PM

Default No - but maybe workaround

as far as I know there is no interface to an affiliate program with JoomlaLMS (interesting thought - for sure).

But of course, you can implement an affiliate program with Joomla itself. The advantage: it would be less complicated. Disadvantage: it's a one size fits all.... If people register with your "school", the affiliate would get his commission, independent of how many courses are taken (or how expensive these are). The whole approach would only make sense at all, if there is a basic registration fee (independent of LMS courses)...

BUT here is the good news!!!! With the next version of JoomlaLMS there is a Virtuemart integration. And yes, it is possible to link affiliate programs with Virtuemart! I think, it's worth waiting for.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:58 PM

I think that would be a great idea to have such an integration. Surely affiliate programs are an essential part of future economics. What exactly is Virtuemart? Can you give me a link that points to its features and benefits? Thanks.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:26 AM

Red face VirtueMart

VM is probably the number 1 opensource shopping tool for Joomla. See www.virtuemart.com. You can sell goods, virtual goods (like LMS courses) or downloadable good, integrate various payment systems and ... yes, affiliate programs. So if you sell - virtuemart is a good, well established choice. And you wouldn't want one affiliate program here, and another one there.... That's why in fact my "workaround" could be a better solution than waiting for an affiliate integration in JoomlaLMS.
However, if you only do LMS - virtuemart would not be the best answer, as it is fairly complex (and of course unnecessary, as you can sell courses through JoomlaLMS directly). In that case - please continue to push for an affiliate integration
Old 08-17-2010, 04:40 PM

VM sounds like you would need to get someone who has had some experience in working with that.

I had a problem with our main site when the redesigner wasnt used to working with wordpress and VM looks a lot more complex.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:37 PM

Red face Yes, VM is complex

But let me assure you, I am not a programmer - and still use vm several sites. There also is a fairly strong community to help. But .... it all depends on skills an willingness to take the learning curve.
However, whoever is willing and able to implement an affiliate programme, will be able to handle vm as wel ;-)