Decrease
Reset
Increase

JoomlaLMS Learning Management System - Support Forum

Go Back   JoomlaLMS Support Forum > JoomlaLMS > General Questions

Old 01-01-2008, 05:08 PM

Unhappy Can't create a new course!!

I/we are in serious need of some help here. The most obvious question is after joomla LMS is installed how do I create a new course? KatandMouse is the administrator for the course putting it on my website. I am the owner and teacher. I want to create a new course. I went to the administrator configuration section as you described in a previous questioner and all we keep coming up with is that I/we are blocked. This has consumed hours and days of time to achieve the most basic entry level task which is to simply enter a new course. Can you help me. Is there anyone who can? Is there telephone support?

Please advise.

Michael Tierra

Administrator admin Blocked Super Administrator public@katandmouse.com 2007-12-30 20:20:21 62
2 Michael mtierra Enabled Registered mtierra@planetherbs.com 1999-11-30 00:00:00 63
3 Kathy katandmouse Blocked Super Administrator shopping@katandmouse.com 2007-12-30 20:20:36 64
Old 01-03-2008, 12:45 PM
developer

To use JoomlaLMS you should create a Teacher user. Under Joomla BckEnd, open the page JoomlaLMS -> 'Users management', click the ‘New’ button, select a Joomla user and set a role for him.
I hope, this will help you.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:56 AM
developer

Are your users blocked? To unblock user you should open administrator BackEnd -> 'Site' -> 'User manager' and click 'red cross' button near the blocked usser. User will be unblocked, after that 'red cross' will become 'green tick'.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:58 AM
developer

Default How to create new course

Detailed instructions (i hope it would be helpfull) how to create new course:

1. Main concepts.

Joomla - CMS - content management system - provides main functionality of your site (user management, content management, setting up different templates, languages and so on)

JoomlaLMS (component which you've bought from us) - component for Joomla CMS.

So, after installation of Joomla, you should install JoomlaLMS and configure it for working with CMS system.

BackEnd - administrator panel of the Joomla CMS (located at http://yoursite.com/administrator - to reach it you should enter administrator access details - username and password)
FrontEnd - http://yoursite.com

2. Configuration (it is easy, just try to follow my instructions and you would be happy ):

2.1 Configuring site menu. You should create a menu item in the mainmenu of your site and link it to the JoomlaLMS component. You should go to the Joomla BackEnd -> 'Menu' -> 'mainmenu' -> click 'New' button -> Select 'component' from the 'components' section -> Enter the name of the new menu item (i.e. 'LMS') and select 'JoomlaLMS' in the 'component' selectbox -> click 'Save' button.

2.2 Creating user with 'teacher' rights.

2.2.1 Creating new user in Joomla CMS. Go to the BackEnd -> 'Site' -> 'User Msnager' -> click 'New' button -> fill in user details and click 'Save' button.
2.2.2 Giving 'teacher' previlegies to the newly created user. Go to BackEnd -> 'Components' -> 'JoomlaLMS' -> 'Manage users' -> click 'New' button -> Select newly created user from list of users and select 'teacher' in the 'usertype' selectbox -> click 'Save' button.

2.3 Creating new course. Open FrontEnd of your site, login with details of newly created teacher. Go to the ‘LMS’ menu item and here you will be able to create new course by clicking ‘new course’ button.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:18 PM

Smile Thank you

Finally with your help, we have been able to create a new course. I will start to work with the manual now and see where that takes me. Thanks for all of your help.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:12 AM

Default cannot create user

(trial version)
From backend :
Users management
new user
I can select a user
but cannot select usertype (field is blank)
thanks in advance
Old 01-31-2008, 10:38 AM
developer

Seems like there was an error during installation. Try to reinstall the component using joomlalms_helper.php file.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:39 AM

Default Re install

Thanks
Following your suggestion I just reinstalled it and the script went ok but I still can't create a user because usertype is blank
if I press save I receive this error windows
mos_joomla_lms_user::store failed <br />Duplicate entry'63-1' for key 2 SQL=insert into jos_lms_user('id',user_id','lms_usertype_id','lms_ block')VALUES(",'63','1','0')
Thanks again
Old 01-31-2008, 12:07 PM
developer

OK. Check table `jos_lms_usertypes`, it should contain the following records:
`id` - `lms_usertype`
1 - 'teacher'
2 - 'student'
3 - 'lms_admin'
4 - 'assistant'
5 - 'super_user'
6 - 'parent/CEO'
Old 01-31-2008, 03:57 PM

Default course category empty

Many thanks for the previous post
I worked (used PHPmyadmin for manual insert)
but now trying to save the course I ask 'please select group for your course'
but category field is empty
where can I modify this ?

tia