You can integrate jReviews component with JoomlaLMS to allow rating and commenting your courses. This component allows users to rate each course according to different criteria and leave comments to provide a better feedback and assure the quality of your online courses.
Fig. ‘Courses List’
To integrate jReviews with JoomlaLMS:
- Download jReviews from http://www.reviewsforjoomla.com/. Install it using the jReviews Documentation for help (http://docs.reviewsforjoomla.com/downloads/jreviews/JReviews_Documentation.pdf ).
- Go to ‘jReviews->Configuration & Management->Listing Types Manager’ to create rating criteria for your JoomlaLMS courses. The following form will open:
Fig. ‘Listing Types Manager’
Fill in the following fields,
-Listing Type Title – specify the title for this listing type;
-Comments and Ratings – select ‘Allow comments and ratings’ if you wish to allow rating your courses;
-Rating Criterion – specify the name of the criterion;
-Required – check this box if the criterion is obligatory;
-Weight - specify the weight of the criterion if needed;
-Tooltip – enter a tooltip if needed.
Click ‘Add another criterion’ to add the next criterion. Click ‘Remove’ to remove a criterion from the list.
- Click ‘Submit’ to save the settings. The listing type will be saved:
Fig. ‘Listing Type’
- Download JoomlaLMS-jReviews integration plugin from http://www.joomlalms.com/extensions.html. Unzip the downloaded file and copy the ‘everywhere_com_joomla_lms.php’ file from the unzipped folder to the ‘components\com_jreviews\jreviews\models\everywhere’ folder in the root folder of your site (where Joomla is installed).
Fig. ‘Integration plugin’
- Enter your Joomla Back-end and go to ‘Components->jReviews-> Configuration & Management->Maintenance->Clear file registry’ to allow JoomlaLMS add-on to appear in the add-ons list.
- Go to Addons->Everywhere.
- Select a component (JoomlaLMS).
Fig. ‘Everywhere Addon’
Click the ‘Setup Categories’ button to include JoomlaLMS categories in jReviews.
Fig. ‘Setup Categories’
Select listing type – choose the pre-saved criteria from the drop-down menu.
Select one or multiple categories – choose the course categories for which these rating criteria will be applied.
Click ‘Submit’ to save the settings.
- Go to Components->JoomlaLMS->Plugins.
- Enable the jReviews Integration plugin to integrate JReviews rating/commenting system into JoomlaLMS.
Fig. ‘Enable the Plugin’
- The jReviews integration will be the most effective if you organize your courses list as a blog layout. It means that the courses list will not look as a typical list but as shown in the picture:
Fig. ‘Blog layout’
- To enable blog layout go to Joomla Back-end->Menus, find and edit the menu for LMS component:
Fig. ‘Menu Manager’
check Yes for ‘Show courses list as blog’ option.
Fig. ‘Enable the Blog layout’
When a user enters a course homepage reviews will be shown under the short description of the course.
Fig. ‘Course Reviews’
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our help documentation, please post them to our ticket system and forums.