VirtueMart can be integrated with JoomlaLMS in order to allow purchasing JoomlaLMS courses as VirtueMart products using any payment method available for VirtueMart. Such integration also allows users to receive access to JoomlaLMS courses immediately after purchasing them. JoomlaLMS-VirtueMart integration is useful for those who sell different types of goods along with JoomlaLMS courses as with the help of integration they can sell all the types of their goods via one virtual shop.
To integrate VirtueMart and JoomlaLMS do the following:
- Download the ‘com_jlmsvm_integration.zip’ file from http://www.joomlalms.com/extensions.html and install it on your server. To do it enter the site Backend -> Extensions -> Extension manager and use the Browse button to find the component on your local computer and the Upload File and Install button to install the component.
- Create JoomlaLMS course in Front-end and set the ‘Fee type’ property to ‘Paid’.
Fig. ‘Course Settings’
- To create a subscription enter JoomlaLMS Back-end and go to Components->JoomlaLMS->Subscriptions. Click New to add a subscription. Add the necessary course(-s) to the subscription and set all the options as needed. Click Save to save the changes.
Note: Only paid courses can be added to subscriptions.
Fig. ‘Subscriptions List’
- To create a VirtueMart product enter Components->VirtueMart->Products->Add Product. The following form will open.
Fig. ‘New VirtueMart Product’
Fill in the necessary fields.
JoomlaLMS-VirtueMart integration works in the way that if a user specifies a certain number in the product quantity field, they will pay for the specified number of products, but will still get one
subscription to the purchased course. To avoid problematic situations we strongly recommend setting 'Maximum Purchase Quantity' product property in the ‘Product Status’ tab to '1'.
Fig. ‘Product Status’
Click Save to save the created product.
- To associate VirtueMart products with paid JoomlaLMS subscriptions enter Components->JoomlaLMS-VirtueMart integration->Products/Courses List. Click New to create a new association. Select the necessary VirtueMart product from the ‘VirtueMart products’ drop-down menu and the necessary Subscription from the ‘JoomlaLMS Subscriptions’ drop-down menu.
Fig. ‘Associate Product with Subscription’
- Done. Now VirtueMart purchases will automatically appear in JoomlaLMS payments list after they are confirmed, and the user will automatically get access to the purchased courses.
Note: For payments history use either JoomlaLMS payments list or VirtueMart orders list.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our help documentation, please post them to our ticket system and forums.