Dear clients, we would like to announce the availability of JoomlaLMS version 2.1.4, which is Joomla! 3.7.5, PHP 7.1 and ionCube Loader 10 compatible, has enhanced question functionality, refactored code, changes in SCORM layout, user management improvements, new discount functionality and a number of other improvements and bugfixes.
JoomlaLMS 2.1.4 is available for upgrade in the administration area of your website and for purchase in our store.
JoomlaLMS 2.1.4 New Features and Improvements:
Joomla!, PHP and ionCube Compatibility: A new JoomlaLMS version is Joomla! 3.7, PHP 7.1 and ionCube Loader 10 compatible.
Discount Functionality: In JoomlaLMS version 2.1.4 we’ve added a possibility to generate discounts based on the number of purchased items.
User Management: JoomlaLMS 2.1.4 allows assigning a group to a user from the Front End (the option is limited to the groups that admin/teachers can manage).
SCORM Player Layout: A SCORM player can now be opened in a new window. “Open in new window” layout option has been added.
Course Category Descriptions: Starting from version 2.1.4 you can add descriptions for course categories. These descriptions are shown on the courses/subscriptions list pages when the filter by category is applied.
French Translation: In new version 2.1.4 in addition to English, German, Russian, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian, Ukrainian languages translation into French was added.
Questions functionality: We’ve improved answer statistics for “Survey” questions and HotSpot question display on mobile devices.
Core improvements: JoomlaLMS Code refactoring, SQL queries optimization.
UI improvements: Learning path steps management and step conditions management pages UI improvements.
JoomlaLMS 2.1.4 Bugfixes:
- SCORM player: Fixed problems with multi-SCORMs (affected versions: 2.1.0 – 2.1.3);
- Gradebook: Fixed several problems with CSV/XLS reports, several fixes related to role permissions;
- Export/Import: Fixed issues with course logos on some system configurations and problems with handling of additional parameters for quizzes, learning paths and SCORMs;
- Users Management (Front End): Fixed filters for admins/teachers (access permissions limited to specific groups/users);
- Course Builder: Several fixes related to the management of modules on the 5th step, compatibilities with 3PD site template engines;
- jComments integration: Compatibility fixes with the latest jComments versions;
- Certificates: Front End and Back End certificates’ list fixes;
- Reporting: Completion and Access reports fixes and SQL optimization, XLS reports fixes;
- Login/Registration: Several fixes in user login/registration process during the course enrollment/purchase;
- Quizzes: Fixed Quizzes’ UI when a quiz is added to a learning path as a step (progress bar, charts) and the problem with a “Fill in the blank” question type (case-sensitivity on some server configurations when non-English characters are used);
- CSV import: CSV import operations fixes related to characters encoding, improved handling of long texts;
- Other fixes: Fixed calendar fields in several parts of the system, several fixes in roles permissions for managers (access limited to specific groups/users).
What is Coming Next?
JoomlaLMS 2.1.4 release is here, however, the development process doesn’t stop and we continue working on new features. For instance, LTI support and native forum functionality are in their final development stage and will be released shortly. Please follow the updates.
We encourage you to update the system to take advantage of the new features and fixes. If you need help with the upgrade process, please send a ticket to the helpdesk department.