JoomlaLMS 2.2.1 – 17 October 2019
The primary goal of this release was to make JoomlaLMS PHP 7.3.x compatible.
- PHP 7.3.x compatibility. JoomlaLMS now can work on all PHP versions from PHP 5.6.x to 7.3.x;
- Translation: English, Spanish, French, Italian, Russian;
- GoToMeeting integration update;
- The "LMS homepage" and "Courses List" pages performance improvement and optimization;
- The 'Add user' pages performance on large database sites improvement;
- UI/UX improvements to the course and content creation/management functionality;
- ACL and permissions checking for the 'Course import' page improvements;
- The user roles with the 'work with assigned groups only' permission enabled improved functionality;
- Quizzes: SQL optimizations and speed improvements;
- Joomla 3.9.x compatibility bugs fixed;
- Issues with redirection between the pages for guests and registered users fixed;
- Issues with courses Export/Import fixed;
- Discount calculation errors fixed;
- The 'Course completion' email notification bug fixed;
- Displaying the File Library resources on the Course Home page fixed;
- The Learning Path step completion status changing by Teacher/Admin bug fixed;
- Joomla! CMS modules management functionality on the 5th step of Course Builder fixed;
JoomlaLMS 2.2.0 – 10 January 2019
The primary goal of this release was to make JoomlaLMS LTI and PHP 7.2.x compatible.
- LTI compatibility. JoomlaLMS can work as an LTI tool consumer, this allows users to interact with LTI-compliant resources and activities on the other websites;
- PHP 7.2.x compatibility. JoomlaLMS now can work on all PHP versions from PHP 5.6.x to 7.2.x;
- Joomla 3.9.x compatibility.
- LTI standard compatibility (LTI compliant resources to courses and File Library added;
- PHP 7.1 and PHP 7.2 compatibility (PHP 5.6 and 7.0 compatibility preserved);
- Joomla 3.8.x/3.9.x tested;
- SCORM reporting upgrade(see below);
- HTML5 audio/video handling upgrade;
- UI fixes for various devices and screen sizes, improvements for 'Print' layout of JoomlaLMS pages;
- configurable 'require password reset' setting for CSV-imported users;
- possibility to limit discounts (for paid course subscriptions) to specific Joomla group;
- possibility to register new user accounts from frontend (configurable ACL permission for each user role in JoomlaLMS);
- additional ACL permissions for Mailbox tool;
- HTML descriptions for course categories;
- SCORM statistics report is tracking all attempts (XLS/PDF export);
- SCORM interactions report (list of questions/answers for SCORM quizzes) for 'graded' attempt (if such data is tracked by SCORM);
- AICC: better handling of remote https resources;
- handling of multi-SCO SCORM resources improvement;
- handling of the "SCORM resume" feature improvement;
- compatibility with "Open in new window" resources improvement;
- Course/Users removing operations: performance fixes;
- Global questions pool [PRO only]: performance fixes;
- LPaths navigation on big sites (with big number of LPaths/Steps): performance fixes;
- Users management (both frontend and backend): performance fixes and SQL optimizations;
- Navigation in courses with topics: performance fixes;
- 'Tracking' tool pages: performance fixes and SQL optimizations.
Courses and Subscriptions:
- Course categories: HTML description show during course subscribe process when courses/subscriptions filtered by specific category;
- Course Export/Import general improvements and fixes (handling of JoomlaLMS modules, fixes);
- Fix: export/import of really big courses (4Gb+);
- Course registration questions page: UI and usability improvements.
- better handling of 'work with assigned groups only' ACL permission all over the system (e.g. mailbox, gradebook, reporting etc);
- time zone time offset related fixes;
- community Builder compatibility fixes;
- compatibility fixes for AllVideos and other 'media embedding' plugins;
- problem with temporary completions disappearing on some system configurations fixed;
- 3rd and 4th edition compatibility fixes; 'time spent' estimation fixed;
- Mailbox: general fixes, improved access control permissions;
- Assignments: UI improvements, time zone time offset fixes;;
- Quizzes: fixed several issues related to completion date on certificates;
- Reporting: Several fixes with Reporting tools for users with "Work with assigned groups only" permission;
- Reporting: fixed 'Likert Scale' question reports;
- Reporting: time zone time offset fixes for Quizzes reports UI: top 'Menu' module layout fixes, 'Login' module CSS fixes.
- Database check: general fixes and improvements;
- Database check: fixed a problem when maintenance process blocked by server firewall;
- Certificates list: improved filtering and navigation.
JoomlaLMS 2.1.3 – 28 April 2017
The primary goal of this release was to fix JoomlaLMS 2.1.2 critical error.
JoomlaLMS 2.1.2 – 27 April 2017
The primary goal of this release was to make JoomlaLMS Joomla! 3.7 compatible, update translation and template settings, bring changes in the VirtueMart integration.
- Joomla! 3.7 compatibility;
- A possibility to configure an individual color scheme and a page header logo for each course.
- Updated translations into French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Latvian;
- Changes in the JoomlaLMS-VirtueMart integration.
- Fixed the issue with the payment statuses’ display/handling;
- Fixed the bug with the manual changing of the SCORM completion status;
- Fixed the issue with adding teacher assistants into courses;
- Fixed the SCORM tracking statistics display issue;
- Fixed the issues with certificates’ printing in some specific scenarios;
- Several minor CSS and layout fixes;
- GoToMeeting integration: fixed audio issues on some client-side configurations;
- Fixed the "Advanced Module Manager" extension’s compatibility issues.
JoomlaLMS 2.1.1 – 17 March 2017
The primary goal of this release was to fix the issues reported since the last JoomlaLMS 2.1.0 update.
- Documents’ editing procedure.
- Fixed JoomlaLMS 2.1.x migration procedures’ bugs;
- Several CSS fixes;
- Fixed the permissions issues related to a teacher-student role switching;
- Fixed the certificate printing issues appearing in some specific scenarios;
- Fixed certificates’ text positioning bugs;
- Fixed the issues with XLS reports’ generation on some server configurations;
- Fixed the problems with charts’ display appearing on some server configurations;
- Fixed the problem with SCORM resources resuming in some specific scenarios;
- FFixed the problems with Discounts/Coupons usage when several different discount types are applied simultaneously;
- Fixed the problem with replying to emails in mailbox tool for teachers;
- Fixed the problem with Learning paths fail to be created on some server configurations.
JoomlaLMS 2.1.0 – 2 March 2017
The primary goal of this release was to make JoomlaLMS PHP7 Comaptible, enhance reporting functionality and update database maintenance procedure.
- PHP7 compatibility;
- XLSX Reports' Format;
- New Charts and a new Excel library.
- Reports' Optimization;
- Database Refactoring;
- SCORM EngineRefactoring;
- Course logo manager: possibility to remove previously uploaded images;
- Course Builder: minor UI, styling and usability improvements;
- Mailbox: improved UI and usability, read/unread feature, new ‘view message’ page styling;
- Shopping cart: UI improvements, field styling and usability improvements of coupon codes;
- Learning Paths: UI improvements of LP steps creation process;
- Teacher/Student roles switching page: UI and styling improvements;
- Quizzes: “Likert scale” questions can now be used as graded ones;
- Several CSS styling improvements (LMS homepage, gradebook, reporting and other pages).
- Compatibility fixes with the latest Joomla! versions;
- Calendar fields fixes (the pages with the start/end dates specified);
- Course logo manager fixes;
- SEF URLs generation fixes;
- Fixed Mailbox pagination, search features and removal of messages;
- Compatibility fixes with several 3PD templates and JS/CSS frameworks;
- Import/Export course functionality fixes: the course/teacher logos and the course homepage modules are handled correctly now;
- Fixed assignments grades display (on the Assignments results page and within the Learning Paths);
- Fixed the calculation of discount prices when several different discount types are applied at the same time;
- Fixed certificates management at the backend: ordering, pagination and certificates removal;
- Fixed HTML5 video playing on mobile devices (the Documents tool);
- Fixed several server connection issues with the GTM meetings plugin;
- Fixed the Quizzes tool timer freezing issues and timer speed problems;
- Fixed the Documents tool unzipping procedures;
- Fixed quizzes navigation issues within the Learning paths (appeared on rare specific server configurations only);
- Fixed issues with playing AICC resources;
- Fixed a possibility to change the color of all the JoomlaLMS icons by editing the template settings;
- Modules no longer disappear on the course homepage;
- Fixed several infinite redirects for some specific teacher/CEO/administrator roles configurations;
- Fixed the Announcements tool bugs caused by time zone and DST offsets estimation;
- Fixed the early course expiration bugs caused by time zone and DST offset estimation;
- Fixed the login/registration redirects bugs during the course enrollment/subscription;
- Several CSS/JS fixes;
- Many other minor bugfixes.
JoomlaLMS 2.0.4 – 9 June 2016
The primary goal of this release was to launch JoomlaLMS Mobile App for Android and iOS and a new courses layout (grid view).
- JoomlaLMS Mobile App for Android and iOS;
- Grid Courses layout;
- A possibility to crop Course/Teacher logos.
- Possibility to create time-to-time announcements (e.g. events that lasts several hours);
- FrontEnd Course Users Management for roles with 'work with assigned groups only' permissions (they can manage their users);
- Improved export/import of FileLibrary resources;
- Core performance improvements;
- SEF URLs generation performance fixes;
- Language files parsing performance optimization;
- 'Courses List' page, JoomlaLMS homepage and other most used pages database queries performance optimization.
- Fixed issues with AICC and SCORM players;
- Drag&Drop questions interface fixes;
- HotSpot questions functionality fixes;
- Overall system CSS fixes;
- Authorize.net payment method fixes (failure to proceed payments with some Credit Cards;
- Fixed tax estimation algorithms (during subscriptions checkout);
- Fixed issues with GoToMeeting webinars plugin on some servers;
- Courses export/import fixes;
- Compatibility fixes with "Advanced Module Manager" extension for Joomla!;
- Fixed issues with the quiz resuming when the number of attempts is limited;
- Joomla 3.5.x compatibility fixes;
- Fixes related to HTML5 video playing;
- Course enrollment/registration fixes.
JoomlaLMS 2.0.3 – 17 February 2016
The primary goal of this release was to bring such new features as a new course settings, new payment methods, new modules, Italian and Hungarian translations, a number of layout and UI improvements and fixes that address recent Joomla! CMS updates issues.
- New course settings: a possibility to configure the way students see the course resources results;
- New payment methods RoboKassa and Free trial;
- Italian and Hungarian translations;
- New modules: “My courses” and "Switch course".
- Touch screen support for Drag&Drop questions as well as better optimization for various LMS elements (login, top header, and menu);
- UI/CSS fixes for cart pages and checkout proces;
- Session-relates fixes (an issue with remembering filter states, a problem with teacher/student switching mode);
- VirtueMart integration fixes (VM 3.x compatibility fixes, post-checkout enrollment fixes and improvements);
- SCORM player UI styling, SqueezeBox layout and IE compatibility fixes;
- Courses import by uploading a file fixes;
- UCreating/editing resources fixes;
- Users management’ pages of the courses fixes;
- TAX estimation, new geolocation service to correctly detect country/state by IP fixes.
- Improved the registration/login process during the enrollment/checkout;
- Improved the registration/login process during the enrollment/checkout;
- Improved the Back End payments search feature, added information about the “coupon code” used and a filter “by a coupon code”.;
- Improved filter by category;
- Improved course topics management (a possibility to add resources from the File Library to the Topics);
- Added new indexes to tables, optimized several resource-intensive queries and improved database structure;
- "New/Import" buttons to the ‘My Courses’ module at the JoomlaLMS homepage.
JoomlaLMS 2.0.2 – 21 July 2015
The primary goal of this release was a PDF certificates feature and a number of fixes and improvements.
- jpg. certificates images are converted to PDF for an easy and comfortable printing from the browser.
- Joomla 3.4.3 compatibility issues;
- Translation issues in Assignments and Quizzes JoomlaLMS tools;
- Updated translations: German, Spanish, Russian;
- Other general fixes, UI adjustments and stability improvements.
- Improved compatibility with legacy and non-bootstrap templates.
JoomlaLMS 2.0.1 – 11 June 2015
The primary goal of this release was introducing automatic JoomlaLMS updates, new course modules, new interface languages and a possibility to add assignments as steps to learning paths.
- JoomlaLMS Automatic Update by Means of Joomla! Updater
- Assignments Integration into Learning Paths
- “Buy This Course”, “Recent documents”, “Recent messages” course modules
- Russian, German and Spanish Language Interface
JoomlaLMS 2.0 – 13 April 2015
The primary goal of this release was introducing new redesigned JoomlaLMS layout, tablet compatibility, a course builder and the integration with GoToMeeting Conference Platform.
- Responsive layout
- New customizable template
- An embedded Course Builder
- Learning-path based, webinar-based and materials-based patterns
- GoToMeeting Integration
- Joomla! 3.4 compatibility
JoomlaLMS 1.3.3 – 30 May 2014
The primary aim of this release is introducing Joomla! 3.3.x compatibility for JoomlaLMS extension itself and its addons.
- Joomla! 3.3.x compatibility
- Gradebook performance and resource usage optimizations
- Enrollment email notifications after updating payment status from BackEnd
- Added 'Enrollment time' column in BackEnd students management
- Pagination issues on several BackEnd pages
- Course templates extracting issue
- SMF integration (compatibility with Virtuemart, Joomla 3.3, several errors fixed)
- Problem with JoomlaLMS Drop-Down questions answering on some server configurations
- Maintenance log export formatting
JoomlaLMS 1.3.2 – 8 May 2014
The primary aim of this release is introducing Joomla! 3.2 compatibility for JoomlaLMS extension itself and its addons.
- Joomla! 3.2 compatibility
- AICC compliance, improved SCORM compatibility
- PHP 5.5 compatibility
- IE10/11 compatibility
- SQL optimizations
- Community Builder integration
- SMF Forum integration
JoomlaLMS 1.3.0 – 17 July 2013
The primary aim of this release is introducing Joomla! 3.0 and 3.1 compatibility for JoomlaLMS extension itself and its addons.
- Joomla 3.0.x and Joomla 3.1.x compatibility
- Course prerequisites
- Possibility to change learning path completion status for users including changing of individual learning path steps statuses
- Course completion criteria based on SCORMs
- Language switcher plugin for JoomlaLMS interface language
- Auto-subscriptions plugin
- Learning Paths navigation model
- Installation using Joomla ‘Discover’ method
- Date format: m-d-Y added
- Export list of payments to XLS
- Quizzes total score is shown for quizzes with questions from pool now
- Several problems with upload, extracting and parsing SCORM packages
- Improved compatibility with multi-SCO SCORMs
- Updated translations: Russian, Chinese
- Updated extensions: Jcomments, JReviews, Community Builder / JomSocial and Virtuemart integration
- Improved compatibility with multi-SCO SCORMs
- Updated courses removal process
- Joomla 1.6.x compatibility removed
JoomlaLMS 1.2.5 – 22 February 2012
The primary aim of this release is introducing Joomla! 2.5 compatibility for JoomlaLMS extension itself and its addons.
- Joomla 2.5 compatibility
- Option to disable a possibility to purchase several 'X days' subscriptions at once
- (JoomlaLMS-Virtuemart integration) Compatibility with Virtuemart 2.x
- Compatibility with latest version of AllVideos extension
- Updated Chinese translation
- JoomlaLMS modules layout in Joomla 1.6+
- SCORM tracking issues
- UTF-8 compatibility enhancements
- SMF forum login issues
- Teacher/student roles switching issues
- Mailbox pages translation issues
- Mootools 1.2 minor compatibility issues
- Minor layout fixes for IE7 browser
- Blank page' issue in Announcements tool on some server configurations
- Some JoomlaLMS configuration settings are not applied at FrontEnd
- Questions import/export issues
- Gradebook XLS export issues
- BackEnd translation fixes
- PHP errors in BackEnd if custom WYSIWYG editor is used
- CSV Users export/import issues
- Some other minor bugfixes
JoomlaLMS 1.2.0 – 29 August 2011
The primary aim of this release is introducing Joomla 1.7 compatibility and new modules for Joomla!
- Joomla 1.7 compatibility
- Support of the UTF-8 characters in paid subscription names using PayPal payment gateway
- Updated 'Russian' translation
- Updated 'Course Action Button' plugin
- Updated installation helper and component installer
- Forum posts' module shows more detailed information (course name, topic name, author added)
- Login/Register functionality and layout updates
- Several PHP 5.2.x compatibility issues
- Issue with downloading files from documents tool
- Issue with the usage of discount coupons with Authorize.net payment method
- PHP notice in the Homework tool
- Certificates, Mailbox, Forum posts modules not shown on LMS homepage (for some configurations)
- Issue with playing mp3 files in the Documents tool
- Issue with course enrollment email notifications using the JoomlaLMS-Virtuemart integration extension
- Issue with the date-to-date discount coupons’ usage
- UTF-8 compatibility issues in XLS reports
- Issue with sending email notifications if Joomla! Mailer is configured to SMTP
- Cleaned HTML tags in the 'quiz results' email
- Issue with configuring publishing dates using 'dd-mm-yy' format
- Squeezebox issues under Joomla 1.6.x
- PHP fatal error when accessing the FileLibrary section (for some server configurations)
- Users synchronization issue in SMF bridge (for some server configurations)
- New recurrent plan' page layout adjustments
- Added warning messages when teacher tries to set attendance for non-configured days of week
- Administrator menu translation issues
- Several spelling/grammar errors
JoomlaLMS 1.1.0 – 22 June 2011
Joomla 1.6.x compatibility was introduced